Latest on Covid-19
Most of our services and groups are still not able to meet physically, but here are some of the things we’re doing:
- Cheltenham Minster is now open from 11am-1pm on Weekdays and Saturdays for private prayer.
- From Sunday 19th July there will be a weekly Communion service at 11am in the Minster. There are some limitations to what we are able to do. Because of social distancing, there will be a limited capacity of 50 people. For this reason, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend. There will also be no singing, no sharing of the peace or the communion cup.
- We are continuing to issue a daily e-mail update (Monday – Friday) with a Bible verse, thought, prayer and song.
- Posting online services and resources. This includes a pre-recorded Sunday morning service at 10am, as well as the 6.30 service live streamed to Zoom and YouTube, and resources for children and young people.
- Small groups are staying in touch by phone, email, and Zoom. Some are now able to meet physically. Do let us know if you’d like to join a small group, it’s a great time to join one!
- We’re also getting involved with a number of projects locally, with church members volunteering at Cheltenham Food Bank and The Long Table, both feeding those who are vulnerable and in need at this time.
- We are providing a weekly lunch in the church from 10am-1pm for some the most vulnerable people in our town. This helps to plug the weekend gap, with weekday support already being offered by ‘The King’s Table’ at Trinity Church and ‘Open Door’. If you would like to help with preparing meals, washing up, or providing financial support for the meals please email email@example.com .
If you are able to offer help or assistance to anyone in need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a member of our church family and have not already been receiving regular email updates, please email email@example.com to make sure you are on our distribution list.